Well, everyone, I know you've been dying to hear, but we made it! After flying to Vegas, then to Huston, Garrett and I met up with Mark who had flown straight there, and we caught our flight to Guatemala City. We spent the night there and have been going ever since. We've been traveling a lot which has been getting expensive, so we're almost to a place we're going to hang at for a bit.
We went from Guatemala City to Copan which is just over the border in Honduras. It's a pretty small town with some really cool ruins just 1 km outside of the city that we went to. We stayed there for two nights, then got on the road to come here. It was a super long day of travel. We got rides with some different people we met, mostly super windy in the back of pick up trucks, then took a ferry across the Atlantic (yes, the whole thing! but not really) from Puerto Barrios, Guatemala to Puerto Gorda in Belieze. From there we got on a super crowded school bus for 5 hours!! I am sooo sweaty and more than anything just sticky. We got to Belieze City and it's their Independance Day tomorrow and they're doing a parade on Mon so I think we'll stay here before we go out to the island where we'll probably be for a few days so I can do some diving.
Anyway, this computer is about as slow as all the people here (excpet for their driving! We have all thought we were going to die on numerous occasions, in all forms of transit... the buses are the worst!) so i can't do any picutres right now but I will soon. It's amazingly beautiful! More trees that you can ever imagine!! It's been great to have Mark and Garret here, especially Garrett to speak Spanish. I think I'll understand most everything and turns out I usually get about 50% so it's great to have him working deals. Here in Belieze, they speak Creole which sounds suprisingly like the one lady with the dreads in one of the Pirates movies, second or third, I'm not sure.... you know the one I'm talking about? Anyway, I understand these people just about as much as the people speaking Spanish. It's pretty funny.
I have got to go take a shower and wash off this stickiness before we go out and watch some fire works, so good night and I hope everyone's doing well, and I'll get some pictures on soon.
3 comments:
Have fun Gracie!
Grace, so much fun! I am jealous. Well I can't wait to see pics so get em up there girl. How long are you there for? I got your message about the boots. I will talk to my dad and see what he has in that size. I'll email you about the price. talk to ya soon grace, and be safe!
Can't wait to see the pictures! Have a great time!!
Post a Comment