I HATE MOSQUITOS!!! Ok, maybe I don´t hate them, but I really do hate what they do to me!! The mosquitos and the sand flies or something little have had a hay day with my whole body, but mostly my ankels and feet. I have spent hours awake a couple of the nights in Puerto San Jose harnesing every ounce of my chi, and focusing to achieve every bit of my willpower to not scratch. While I´m reading or sleeping I´ll mindlessly scratch a bite on one foot with the other and soon enough, it is itching like crazy and soon enough both feet are itching and then my forearm, and my thigh, and then, it´s an all out battlefront. I scratched the front of my leg with my Chaco the other afternoon so much that I itched through the skin and it´s now a big scab, but it felt great the whole time! I swear I could scratch to the bone and love every minute of it. What I can´t figure out is why they don´t itch sometimes and other times, out of the blue its so incesant that I think I´m going to cut my foot off. If anyone knows, please let me know. I´d bought some stuff in Belize that maybe kinda worked, but more than anything I think it´s just a placedbo to just get you to not itch it for a minute. Here´s a video of Garrett during a day time attack while we were waiting for a bus in Monterrico.
After much deliberation, we decided to leave Puerto, and we´re now in Quetzeltenango aka Xela (pronounced Shela). I feel pretty good about coming here for the last couple days. It´s a really cool city. We just got here yesterday, and we met up with some locals that Garrett has been in touch with and went climbing today. We went with the guy that pretty much pioneered all the climbing in this area and it was great. I´ll tell you more about it later, but I´ll just leave you with this inspirational picture that Garrett took on one of our last days in Puerto.

Oh, and PS if you were remembering that we were maybe going to split up and I was going to go to Coban and Tiakl, apperantly, there was some forces conspiring against me and there was a flood in the city close to the road to those places so both were out of reach. So, thus here we are, and I´m bummed I didn´t get to go to those places, but I´m really stoked to be here in Xela for out last couple days.
5 comments:
Have a great last few days. Come January, this trip is going to seem like forever ago.
When are you coming home?? We need to hang out! do you want to go to the Virgin Islands in Feb?
You get yourself home safe and sound! Let's do lunch!
Oh the freedom that you embrace. Really I don't care that mosquitos are eating you alive because you are a little freebird down in south america. GRaciE Ann oh GRaCiE AnN. I MiSS MY GracIE ANN
Post a Comment