Thursday, April 22, 2010

College Age Spring Break

It's amazing how when I'm busy I get so much done and I can pack so many things into my day, but when I don't really have much going on, it may take me days to get some little project done. Updating my blog has been one of those things. "Oh, I'll just do that this afternoon ...." then when I'm tired (for an unknown reason because I get to sleep in everyday) I decide to put off the blog writing so I can make time for a nap.

So, today I'm motivating. I'd been working at St. Mark's all winter and they've been really great about me leaving for the summer. I did have to quit but they said if there's a spot when I get back then it's all mine.

I did a trip to St. George with Kristina and Jess and we climbed, hiked and rode our bikes and was a great trip.

And I went to Red Rocks with Garrett and some of his friends and I'd never been there and it was so beautiful and great climbing. Here's a picture that Garrett took. It's on a 10.d and it's mostly trad and ends with a couple bolts.



Just because I'm not in college any more doesn't mean that I shouldn't get Spring Break, right? So I took the liberty to take a week off of work and go with Molly and Jess and their friend Katie on their Spring Break. Definitely worth it. We had a great time. We started out at Jess's family's super nice condo in Scottsdale, AZ. It's a super nice place and when we pull up in Harriett, my mom wagon, that incidentally is not a Lexus or a BMW, and go check in not wearing Gucci or... or.... can't even think of another brand, we look a little out of place. We spent tons of time hanging on deck chairs in the sun, and it was the first sun of spring and it felt great! We all enjoyed it for about a day and a half, then the "lay by the pool, shop in the afternoon, go out to dinner at night" lifestyle got a little old. So we were all ready to get on with the rest of our trip. Our next stop was Red Rocks, just outside of Vegas. Jess and Molly were leading a bunch and doing great. Then we went to Zion and did Spry Canyon. It was really cool.

I've wanted to do it forever and we were a little nervous because we hiked up around and we came down and there was tons of snow!
This is where the first rappel was supposed to be and we sat and took a minute to decide if we were going to do it or not. We decided to go for it and we were stoked about that decision. We 'skied' down the first rap and the canyon had about 12 rappels and they were great.

Some of them we came down onto snow and we were a little nervous because we knew there were several swims but we knew they were just a couple. We had dressed for it ... meaning we could undress for it.

This picture is rather revealing of Molly and Jess's missionary tans and my camo which always looks great when I'm cold.

We hiked Angle's Landing while we were there too and Jess and Molly hadn't done it before and it was beautiful and a great hike as always. It was cold and windy at the top and great to be back up there.


It was a great Spring Break! I'm so stoked that Jess and Molly are home! I love having them here and willing to go on trips and adventures with me!

4 comments:

steph heartjustin said...

Looks like way too much fun! Sad where was my invite.. Hey lets get together with everyone and do lunch or dinner this week. Ozzy needs to meet you!

Stacie said...

Hey girl. Wow, what a fun trip. I love that you guys just dropped your pants. I mean, why not?

Miss ya lots, I'll be calling ya....

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

that shot of you on that wall is incredible grace . . . i kind of want it in a weird way :) remember when we used to climb together . . .oh the days.
miss you!
xxoo

Kristine said...

I am wondering when I can go on a trip with you!!? I always love looking at your pictures. I feel the same way about health. I am grateful for it EVERY day! What a blessing!