It's April, and I still need my fat skis! The last time I went up to Snowbird, like two weeks ago, I thought I'd snowboard because I hadn't in a while and sometimes I miss it, but it was a miserable day. It had snowed like 8 inches on top of totally hard cement. And it was cold and with a snowboard, that was the worst day I could have chosen. So, with the nice weather, I haven't been thinking about skiing much any more, but with the last storm we got, I decided to go up yesterday, and it was amazing! It was still a little hard underneath, but the foot of new snow on top was great. Many more face shots than what I'd expect in April, and it was great.
(This picture was taken the day before I went, but it was still that good!)
I ran into a couple of the McQueens up there, and they're great skiers and it was so fun to keep up with them. It was pretty cloudy and sometimes I'd look around and couldn't see anything! Just white everywhere. So, on my last run, we went through the upper gate of Silver Fox, and I thought I was going to go off this little rock but ended up going pretty fast off about a 12 foot cliff not even expecting it. Needless to say, I wrecked pretty bad, and my neck is so sore today! When I got up and tried to get snow out of everywhere and pull myself together I noticed my pocket was open and my keys were gone. With Fiona, I'd just leave the keys on the floor and leave the door open, and it's been a change for me to actually lock the car and have to carry my keys. So, somewhere up in the Macaroni Shoot is my brand new car's key and clicker (a new thing for me also) my house key and my Front membership card. Luckily, I bought a magnetic thing, but unluckily, the other key didn't fit in it, so it wasn't attached to the outside, but luckily, it was in the car. Public Safety broke in in like 5 seconds and my key was in there, so a major tragedy had been averted.
So, the point of the story is don't ski with your pockets open, or just leave your keys in the car.
1 comment:
I can't believe that hasn't happened to me yet...although I have found my cell phone buried in my pocket covered with snow. Great advice, though. I hope to always follow it.
Post a Comment