Monday, April 14, 2008

I hate being sick!

I've been fighting it for like two weeks. Just waking up with a sore throat or a little stuffy nose, but it's gone by noon or so, but the last couple days, I have been sick. Body aches, head ache, ab-working out cough, unbelievable amount of snot coming from my sinuses sick. I don't like taking medication. I never have, and I try not to even take Ibuprofen if I can help it, but eating dinner at my parents last night I was miserable, and I took some "Vitamin I" and even though I was stuff stuffy and coughing, I wasn't achy and miserable. Then today at work, after sneezing and coughing into my mask all day at work, and having snot run down my face because there's nothing I can do about it, I had the doctor I work with hook me up with a prescription for some drugs, and I gotta say, I'm feeling pretty good about taking them. So, it's 10:30 and in bed, which for is a change for sure, and I'm going to bed, and going to be feeling great about working another 12 hour shift tomorrow.

And, just for fun, I bet you may have seen this but if not, check it.

(Here's the details about it, because on the site they are in Espanol:
Several years ago this woman found a sick, malnourished lion cub in the jungle. She took the cub home and fed him and brought him up until he was too big to keep anymore. Then she made arrangements with a zoo in Colombia to take the lion. Here's a video of what happened when she went to visit him in the zoo for the first time)

Good night, hope you all are healthy and well!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Way to rely on the medical profession! It's about time you try medicine out since it provides your paycheck.

suzi said...

First of all, I love Anne's comments every time I can find some to read! They're hilarious.
We just got over that whole illness at our house... went in and had the kids tested because I couldn't take the misery anymore and it was strep! Poor little buddies! Glad you opted for the meds! Hope you feel better!

suzi said...

P.S. I loved that video. That's awesome!