Saturday, October 18, 2008

I LOVE chocolate bananas!!! My frist time I ever had them was in Balboa in California at the Jacobsen´s house there. I had heard about them, and they truly lived up to what I´d heard. They are a little hard for me to eat because I have super sensitive teeth and they´re super cold, but oh, man, down here they are the freaking bomb!!! We have found this shop down there that has them, and the other day, they were out of bananas (but they still made us a banana strawberry shake??? go figure) so we had chocolate covered pineapple, which I´ve got to say is pretty freakin amazing. They don´t have the sprinkles down here, which is a bit of a bummer, but they´re also only like 30 cents as oppsoed to $6 or $7 in Balboa. They´re on our menu at least a couple times a day, it´s great. So, thanks, Anne for introducing me to this wonderful treat!!

We went in to Guatmeala City yesterday with Daniel and his brother, David that owns the hotel we´re staying in, and Garrett bought a surf board, so that he´ll have one that will actually float him. We went in to this big mall, and it was such a contrast being in there. It was a huge very American-esque mall with tons of American-esque shops. The difference in lifestyle is amazing. Out here, or in most of the other cities we´ve vistied, it seems like almost everyone, excpet for a few successful, motivate people are totally living day by day. If you try to pay for something with a Q100 bill (quetzals) which is like $15 everyone looks at you like you´re crazy. Even some grocery stores don´t even have enough change to give. But in the city, everything was American prices, and all the teenagers hanging at the mall were just the same. It was really interesting. I´m glad to not be in the city. Looks like we might be hanging out here, in Puerto San Jose working on surfing, and really working on my Spanish for another 5 or 6 days then leave Garrett here and go up to Tikal and Coban for the last couple days with my friend Mark South who is flying in today. Should be a great, relaxing last of the trip! Here I come chocobananas and chocopiña!!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Are the chocolate bananas not frozen there? Every time I spell bananas, I think of Gwen Stefani saying, "It's bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S." Anywho, I want chocolate covered fruit now. You're making me hungry. Have a great rest of your trip!

steph heartjustin said...

corn eyed brown trout

Orme Family said...

I always love hearing "the life of Grace." Love ya, Kristine

Don't Hit Bikes said...

Yummy! Looks like you are having a fabulous time. Looks like a blast. Can't wait to hear more.

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

I want a chocolate banana . . . .? hmmm when do you come home my love?