




Well, 2009, welcome to my life! It was brought in in a great way. I'm am pretty over going to one house party after another, trying to find the best place to be for the witching hour, trying to find the party with the most babes and who I want to be with to maybe get a new year's kiss. So, I decided to go up to my cabin. It was pretty last minute, but it turned out to be so great. Just five of us went up and it was really awesome. My friend Stacie, her friend, Chad and her roommate Erin and Garrett and I skied or snow shoed in. It's only about two miles but I had packed 2 liters of water, a bottle of Martinelle's and a bunt pan and fixins for breakfast, so my pack was freakin heavy, but it was a good ski in. We'd gone to dinner before so we barley made it there at like 11:57. Just in time to start the fire, take off the top layer of coats and open the Martinelles. I don't think we even got a count down in. But, who cares, really, it was just good to be there. We ended up just sitting around the great old fireplace, drinking hot chocolate, talking, crocheting, hanging out until like three. It takes forever for that place to get warm, but it was cozy and nice. We slept like Little House on the Prarie, three girls in the bed in the living room, and that was toasty. I woke up and the oven wasn't working and so I tried to light the fire in the old stove in the kitchen that I've never used and after having smoke fill the whole place,
Stacie and I finally found the flew and actually cooked the sticky buns in the old stove, it was great. The pictures are ones that Garrett took. It was a great night, fabulous way to bring in 2009!
4 comments:
Oh Grace, it's so nice to have you back in blog-o-hell with us! We have missed you dearly!
such a fun new years. can we please go there EVERY YEAR for the rest of our lives?
Yeah, I agree with Garrett. I want more from the life of Grace!
Love the pictures and it sounds like you had SO much fun! I remember going to your cabin a few times and it was the best! By the way, speaking of crocheting... I found 3 of your hats at my house! Including the awesome brown one with the flowers stitched into the side! YAY!
Post a Comment