I think some of you might know, but I have been looking at buying a house. I have one all picked out. It was is the first one I looked at and I love it. It's in the lower Millcreek area, and it's huge! It's 3200 sq. feet and it has 5 bedrooms and a quarter of the basement is unfinished and could be turned into a kitchen to be made into a duplex eventually. And they even lowered the price another 10 grand so they're just asking $184,900! However, it's has taken about 2 1/2 months to get everything submitted to the mortgage guy and have him submit everything to the underwritters and then just to find out that I am not going to be able to qualify. They don't recognize being a river guide as a valuable job, and the tips that I don't report to the government don't seem to count as anything. Last year at the hospital they let me take the summer technically as "on call" so that when I got back I just had to call them and they out me back on the schedule, but this summer they're not going to do that and I have to quit so they didn't really like that either, that I don't know where I'll be working in the fall.
Anyway, I started this entry a while ago, and they've since lowered the price to $171,900 and still I can't get approved. I was bummed for a little while, but actually I'm pretty relieved. It would be real close to when I leave for the river and I don't want my parents to have to deal with it, so I was pretty bummed, now I'm really kinda over it. I'm actually excited to not have plans for the fall. My friend Stacie wants to go to Nepal for six weeks, and that sounds awesome, then who knows after that.
But, anyway, so much for that decision and now it leaves me with tons of options, so who knows ... we'll see how the summer turns out and where my life goes from there.
1 comment:
It's funny that you wrote this because I've been thinking this past week about how much I love being an adult...approaching my 30s no less. It's such a great time of life. I'm glad you are using your early adulthood to have fun, work the river, and travel. Even though our lives are relatively different, it's fun to hear how we are settling into life in different ways. Come down to STG soon. I miss you.
Post a Comment