I just went through Times Square in New York on a huge bus and I would freak out trying to drive here!! There are so many cars and people walking in the streets and right in front of the bus. It's pretty crazy. Being from Salt Lake where no one really uses public transport, I have loved being back here and seeing how it can be done.
This trip started because my aunt, Din gets to come to Washington DC for a meeting and she stays in this really nice hotel and my mom has come back with her the last few years, and they invited me to come with them this year, which is a huge honor. My mom grew up with 4 sisters and they go on a girls trip every year. Me, coming from a family with four brothers I've always been a little jealous because I love having brothers but there's just a different things with sisters, that I've always wanted. So, I was happy to be invited on this trip. And I've been in touch with my friend, Preston who has been living in Boston for the last few years, and he's invited me out, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. And being from the west I think that everything back here is right next door, however that was a misconception. I'm on the second of 2 four hour bus rides from Boston - NY - DC.
It was a really good time in Boston. I had never been there before, and it was a pretty cool city. Since it was a last minute thing to decide to come there first, Preston was working during the days so I had some time to go explore the city. I'd usually sleep in for a while which was a dream the go explore the Freedom Trail and see a bunch of stuff that's older than anything we have here (but still doesn't really compare to Europe age stuff) but it was really cool.
There are TONS of really weird rules, but it was pretty cool to see a new sport I have pretty much never heard of.
I was good to see Preston, it had been a few years and really cool to see Boston. I went and walked around Harvard and got some suggestions from my roommate Erika who went there about where to go and what to see.
So, 8 long hours on buses, and a really awkward, long feeling 10 block walk down the streets of New York with my bag that doesn't have wheels, my computer bag, purse and pillow, and 5 episodes of Lost (which I'm totally obsessed with and that saved me on the buses!) I made it to DC where I met my mom and Din.
This is the only Leonardo DaVinci in America right now. The paintings were amazing! It was fun. A great time to spend with my mom because she knows so much about art and can teach me so much. One of my favorite things was the Human Kaleidoscope. It was so cool. A triangle of mirrors you walk in with really neat images reflecting off them. It was really neat.
My mom and I had a great time and it was so good to get to be with her. I lived at home until last winter and even though I am really happy to be living where I am, I do miss being closer to her and my family and being able to catch up with them.
And there is nothing better than coming back into Salt Lake. I really feel like it's home here. I love visiting other places, but especially when I get to fly in over the mountains I realize how much I love this place!
4 comments:
I love DC and Boston! Sounds like you had a great time! See you tomorrow?
Yeah for Mom time! You really do have a fantastic mother. Court tennis looks fun.
sometimes i look at your blog and am jealous of all of the places you go and sometimes i get tired because it seems like you go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go. but that is totally like you.
i had a dream of you the other day, actually it was last night and we were having our heart to hearts like we used to. it brings back the days.
I loved hearing about your trip. It was good to see Preston again. He is a flash from the past. Who doesn't love your mom??? Can't wait to see you this summer. I hope you will be around in July.
Post a Comment