THE HOUSE: Last update on here it was still up in the air, but if you have wondered, it didn't happen. I am not a mortgage paying, responsible, house owning part of society. There were so many up and downs in the end trying to make it happen. We tried to go through several different companies and in the end they said that they'd do it in 30 days, but that was contingent on me working 40 hours a week, and at St. Mark's they're sending people home early a lot and I just didn't want everyone to have to wait around and have it not happen. And I was going to have to put down 5% and I could have made it work, but the fixing up would have ended up costing a lot more than I would have expected. So in the end, I was bummed that it didn't happen. I think that house would have been so great, and I was so stoked about fixing it up, and I could have made it work, but I'm feeling pretty relieved at the same time. Now that it didn't happen, I'm enjoying not having to be frugal. I was so stoked to settle myself somewhere and I looked at some other places with my friends, but in the end, decided since I'll be going to the river in just a few months, to just stay at my parent's house and 'practice' paying a mortgage. I know, I know what you're thinking... 'you're 30 and you're still living at home?' and some days I've got issues with it, but for the most part, I really like it. My parents are great and my mom spoils me. She and my dad are excited to have me around and there's always food here, and it's great and I get to hang out with my brother, Thayne who's the only brother still living there. Point is no house. Thoughts of nesting are still swimming around in my head, but I'm enjoying the non-mortgage life more than I did before also, so we'll see.
NEW YEARS: Went up to a friend's cabin up past Heber with a group of friends.

The cabin is really cool and everyone there was really cool, but to be honest, it was a little depressing. Everyone that was there was good looking, smart, fun LDS people that I enjoyed being around but there was a lot of talk of how depressing it is to be this age and be single. I don't think my life is sad. I do think that it would be cool to have someone to share it and I do hope that I'll find someone but I think it's really sad when people don't feel like their lives are complete without someone else, and they're just waiting for someone else to make them happy. This is a time in our lives that we don't have as many responsibilities and have the opportunity to do rad stuff that once you do get into something with another person, you can't do those things, so play and have fun now! Anyway, those were my thoughts right as we were ringing in the New Year.
But the next day redeemed the weekend and it was really fun.

Drew's got a few brand new, really fun snowmobiles and although we didn't have the 4 feet of new snow that we had last year when we were up there, it was still really fun. And I got to go out for a cross-country ski and contemplate how I didn't want to make New Year's resolutions. So, all in all it was a good weekend, and a good way to bring in 2010.
MOLLY AND JESS CAME HOME!! Two of my best friends have been on their missions to Toronto, Canada and Milan, Italy and they got home within two days of each other and it's been great to have them home. They've both jumped right back into school and life so we haven't been able to hang out too much, but it's been so great to have them around!
So, there's a cliff note update on the life of Grace. As I always say, I'll try to be better about more consistent posts, but who knows. Stay tuned!
1 comment:
Good update, but I want to hear about CANADA!!!
Post a Comment