Oh..... Grand Canyon. I just love you so much. It was a great summer down there! If I was good about blogging I'd probably have updated this after each trip, but that's not the way my life is, so you get it all in one blah blah blog. So here goes....
Usually I like to carpool but I had to drive down a lot by myself this summer, but get me a good book on tape and some sweetarts and I'm set. And with this view, I can't really complain.
I did the 2 high water Cat trips then 9 trips down in the Canyon and I got to run with a bunch of fun different people. My old roomie Erika got to do a trip and she's always so fun to do trips with! "Celebrity guides" always have such a great attitude because they only do one trip a year so they're all fresh and chipper.
And all the regulars which were always fun.
Another celebrity was Newty who, during the trip invited me on the best trip of my life, the private trip down the canyon later in the fall (which will be updated soon)
I learned a lot this summer and I kinda love geeking out about geology and talking their ears off about the rocks and they all the history of the canyon and the whole area.
The water was huge this year and I got to drive my own boat 3 times and it was good and scary but really fun. I'm pretty scared about next year because the snow has been so slow in coming this year, but I'm still hoping we'll have a good spring so I'm not bringing home broken motors every trip.
It was mostly really great weather but we did have a good storm or two. Here we are all huddled under the umbrella trying to cook dinner.
We were able to see some great scenery go on some great hikes and it's beautiful as always!
There's a bunch of cool waterfalls in the canyon and here's Travertine, it's one of my favs.
And, yea, like I said, great scenery....
I've been able to bring both my parents on the Grand and Eric has been able to come twice. He is a super big help and its great to have him around.
And yes, he is wearing shorts.... if I had legs like that I'd probably wear those shorts too.
We had a great time hiking up Havasu a ways, it was great to be just with Eric. He has to shave to come on a Western trip and my mom was more than happy to let him have her spot so she could get to see his cute, clean face.
Eric's toga style is a favorite.
Lee's Ferry is one of my favorite places to watch the sunrise.
My mom gave me this shirt and it's got to make an appearance ever trip, depending on who is the most awesome.
Over all it was a great summer! I had great trips and it was do a couple in Moab and the rest in the canyon. It was a really great summer and it makes me stoked for next summer!






2 comments:
How do I get your life? So fun. And the scenery (including the babes in the river) is beautiful.
XO.
Grace SO FUN!! I'm so glad your summer was a success! I sure do miss you. You need to update your blog once a day so I can feel more a part of your life.
Post a Comment