Saturday, January 31, 2009

I LOVE RAFA NADAL!!



I have never been a big fan of  watching sports. I always thought that watching football was lame, until my dad explained it to me and it did make a little more sense. Tennis was a little better because they're actually playing the whole time and there's not tons of non-sensical offsides and touching or not-touching rules. But for a summer when I was maybe 19 or 20 I lived with my aunt and uncle in California for a few weeks. My uncle was the tennis pro at Pebble Beach at the time so they were super into tennis. I can't remember what tournament it was but I got hooked! I can't remember when I first saw Nadal but he was the rebel that would always wear man-pris and tank tops. 
But with arms like these, who can blame him? let's be honest!


My roommate, Erika is a bit of an extremist. Whatever she's doing it's 100%. When I moved in I bought a $10 TV from a garage sale and we had a DVD player just so we could watch movies and play DDR. But once Erika realized she was going to be missing American Idol, she decided we needed a TV, so now we have a 47" flat screen, Comcast cable and DVR. It couldn't have come at a better time so that I could record the Australian Open. It's Saturday night and I semi final match and he's playing Fernando Verdasco, and I have no intention of going anywhere! 

This match is amazing! Verdasco is pretty amazing and hot too. Check out this website to see some super hot shots of him. The match is so intense and both players are so into it!
It's taken me so long to write this because it's hard for me to tear my eyes away that the match is over. They played amazing tennis for 5 hours and 14 min!!! It's the longest Australian Open match ever. I have no idea how they can keep up that level of fitness for that long. That for sure contributes to how hot they are! So, if you've followed it al all you know that Nadal won, after 5 long games! It was awesome! I love watching tennis. We live right by Liberty Park and I really would love to go play so if anyone wants to play and be patient while I try to forget my squash form and try to keep the ball in the court, I'd love to go play sometime. 
Here's some other pictures just to inspire you...




5 comments:

Stacie said...

Holy Hot boys!!! yummy.

Anne said...

He's way hot...till you look at his face, but you can't have it all, right? The other guy's face is not bad at all, though. Maybe I need to watch more tennis...at least until I get Evan back. :)
About Liberty Park, I am up for a game whenever I'm in SL. It's hard for me to exercise when I'm there for a number of reasons, so I'd love to get out and move. I'll call you next time I'm there.

suzi said...

Wait until I have this bebe and I'm all over tennis! I miss it a TON! I would love to have someone willing to go play. This summer, you're on!! And, even though I wasn't cheering for Nadal when he played "Federererererer" he does have hot arms. That's for sure.

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

well I have decided that you two will make beautiful babies . . . even if he isn't willing to marry you you know. Just jump in . . . to bed. ha ha you better have laughed at that friend. WE are so LAME! all this gay talk of hanging out and it never happens. what the fudge

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

Hey NEW BLOG. go to my old site. there will be a link. update you link. and peace out!