Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm back!

Well, I've been a bit of a slacker and I have no excuse! I've been home from the river for about two months now and I don't have a job and I don't have my house yet to be working on, so I have no excuse for not writing more. I'm up in Jackson this weekend with my mom and my friend Kristina and it's been snowing up here and we've been spending a lot of time in the condo and it's been a great relaxing weekend. Some trips are all about fun and adventure and this hasn't and it's been so great. We've gone on some sweet hikes in between the lounging and it's been great being up here seeing the Tetons and getting ready for winter.

I, however am not quite ready for winter. I feel like I'm betraying all my friends and years at Snowbird by saying that I want to stave off winter for just a little longer! I am loving the canyons! I've been climbing a lot and I've got a pass at Momentum and I'm stoked to be climbing there, but there's nothing like climbing outside. I've actually gone with this guy Tobias McPhee a couple times and he's been trying to make it as a photographer and we've gone a couple times and these are a couple that turned out pretty cool. They were taken on Goodrose up at Storm Mountain in Big Cottonwood. It's a route I've wanted to lead for like 15 years and I finally had a chance to do it and it was cool to have Toby there to shoot it. So, we need some more good weather!



So, as I'm just hanging up here, I've been determined to catch up a little. So rather than trying to do one huge entry I'll break it up a little, so keep reading! Hope you're all doing well and I'll be trying to catch up on your blogs as well! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Grace you look awesome. Those are some great pics! miss ya.

Orme Family said...

I can't believe that is you. I would probably have one of my "Kristine freak out's" if I tried that! I love it though.

suzi said...

Oh my gosh, those are the coolest pictures! I think you have more adventures in a year than I've had, or will have my entire life in the outdoors. How funny is that?! I love reading your blog and can't wait to hear what else you are up to! Missed seeing you at Christmas this year. Happy 2010 babe.