You'd think that being a river guide, and being in the sun 98% of the summer, I'd be burned out, and not want to be in the sun anymore.... Well, sadly for my skin that is not the case in February. Maybe by August I'm ready to never see the sun again. I hide my already tan - as - it's - going -to - get - skin under long sleeve shirts and hats. By then I've given up on sun screen, except on my face, becuase I think once you get to a certain point, your pigment can't change any more.

So, in February, in the darkest, coldest part of winter, when I have the chance to enjoy the sun, I will soak up every second! My roommate, Jess's grandpa has this sweet place at a resort in Scotsdale, Arizona, and a group of 5 of us went down the for the soul purpose of sitting in the sun by the pool and getting tan. Each day we'd spend hours just sitting in our lounge chairs reading, crocheting, napping or nothing. We wore sun screen the first day, then decided, we needed all we can get. It was great.
We also went to Trader Joe's and for anyone that doesn't know what that is, it's a cheaper, cooler feeling version of Wild Oats. We filled the back of our friend, Erin's sweet old Land Cruiser. Why the don't have one in Utah is beyond me. They sell a lot of wine and other beverages of the alcoholic nature and I think that may be one thing, but come on, Utah deserves good deals on good wholesome food too! We also went to Last Chance, which (same as Trader Joe's) is a cheaper,

better version of TJ Maxx (I know, how can you get better than TJ's you may be asking? But it is) I got out of there with only spending $100 on a lot of great clothes that I really will wear. In fact, I'm pretty sure, I've worn something from there every day since I've been home. It was a great weekend away with my girls. We've all been so busy lately that it was perfect to sit around and talk a just be together. And what better place there is than by a pool?
My point is, they say you've already done most of the damage to your skin by the time you're 18, right? And I'm well past there, so I'm not really doing damage, right? So, especially in Februaury when, in Utah it hasn't been over 40 degrees for at least a month, 70 degree weather, I will take the risk of skin cancer, to bake in the sun a little and get some sun on my skin. So, if you are one of the these party poopers in the black, sorry but you just wouldn't understand any of this!
4 comments:
I love your trying to justify your sun exposure. Speaking for those of us who live in SL in February, there is no justification needed. It's perfectly reasonable to want to get lots and lots of sun. I'm jealous.
i say lets be nude in the sun for the rest of the days:)
I need to spend more time with you in the summer... like I said: worked for a skin cancer specialist.... kinda made me a little paranoid! I went to Hawaii in January and you couldn't even tell when I got home! Yikes... I'm sure there's a happy medium here that you could help me find!
:D
Wow...who's beautiful white thigh is that? Mmm...
Post a Comment