FIONA
Remy, Callie, the Honda, the Tarus, and Fiona. Such is the life of my cars. Remy, an '82 Nissan Sentra was so great. My first car when I was 18. We had it for 2 years and it died when my brother Eric was learning how to drive a stick and he reversed in front of our house and popped the clutch so hard that something happened and Remy never moved again. Callie, my first wagon, was an '80 Toyota Corola. Bought for $500 from my dad's patient, after I left on my mission, my dad gave it to Coulson for his graduation present and he later sold it for $1700 to buy his Volkswagon Westfalia, Blue Betty. The Honda, the Tarus, boring stories, that end in one donation to the Kidney Foundation, and one totaled car until came Fiona, the '93 Ford Escort wagon that I got for free and have had her three years. But, she is starting to show some wear, and I don't think she'll survive making trips back and forth from the Grand this summer. So, after some looking and much deliberation I settled for a maroon Ford Tarus wagon. It's long and bubbly looking, and looks like such a grandma car, but it has under 100k miles and I had the money to buy it without borrowing any, and it's spacious inside and the back is huge so I can fit all my crap in there.
I really do feel like I'm giving up on Fiona and I feel so bad about it. She is still running pretty well for the most part (despite some fun little quirks) and I'm sad to be upgrading. But I'm giving her to the Rich Foundation of boys, so I'll be able to see her for a while watch her die a probably slow and miserable death at the hand of young drivers. So, I'm going to have to be OK with having the grandma car. Once I get my rack on it and some stickers, hopefully she'll become a little more like my car and i'll become a little more attached. I am looking for a name. Harriett is the first on my list right now, but I am taking suggestions, so leave them if you will.
3 comments:
Harriett, definitely Harriett.
Grace-
long time no see, sounds like you are working the grand this summer. So Jealous! I miss the river so much. Herriett is a splendid name! I like!
Yep, Harriett. I'd have to say you definitely have a gift for naming cars. Fiona wins.
Post a Comment