Monday, March 10, 2008
Plan to save the world was thwarted again!
Since I admitted how bad I've been about driving to work lately especially after my soap box about it, I was really going to try this week. So, after a trip to Moab last weekend (details to come later) I went to bed early... meaning a miracle happened and I was actaully asleep before 10:30! so that I could wake up at 5:15 to shower the smell of bonfire out of my hair and make it in time to take trax. As I was getting ready, I made a plan to go straight to the climbing gym after, so I'd drive to a different spot to get on, which meant I could leave later. I definately thought about going back to sleep, but since it was just like 15 mins later I decided that the danger of not waking back up was just too great. Anyway, I made a good egg sandwhich, and two meals for the day, and have time to spare when I pulled into the parking lot. I waited in my car for a few minutes listening to the never-ending news about Hilary and Obama on NPR, then decide it's time. As I'm walking up a train coming into the city comes in going on the track that is usually the one going out...? So I walk up to see a sign flashing saying that there's delays due to a blockade or something vague like that. So, I ended up driving good old Fiona the rest of the way anway. Could have saved myself a good half an hour of precious sleep! but, I'm trying, I promise! Speaking of, I've got go to sleep, so I can wake up early enough to try again tomorrow. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was thinking yesterday...you should write a book of all of your crazy adventures and causes. It should include but not be limited to: putting the car in drive and not reverse at Greywhale in front of some boys and crashing into the wall, somehow maintaining good relationships with everyone you have ever come in contact with...namely ex-boyfriends, employers that received IOUs in their cash register (who still employ you), etc., and definitely some embarassing moments. I could name some, but I'll spare you. I would totally read your book. Think about it.
Post a Comment